Monday, November 19, 2012

R/V Melville day 10

Day 10: Question of the day


How do you know that the wave was a "5 meter" wave? How are you able to measure that from on the ship? -Tianna Brown

Jonathan how have you changed the way you speak so dramatically, from a basic student to a professional scientist? Its Amazing , how you make it possible? explain some tips? Are you homesick? - Dulce Quinonez


-On board we have a radar system called WAMOS and it has sensors all around she ship and uses satellite  to record wave hight and then computes a  average (or peak) wave hight.
-I am not sure that my speech has changed at all, i feel i express my vocabulary better written rather then spoken.
-I am not homesick, I do miss home though and my family, but i know i will survive and use this time to grow and use this as a step to mold myself to life in the real world.
The view of the bow from the bridge 

Rain, gale force winds, and 20+ foot seas

2nd mate Heather Galiher at the wheel

Julie Alverez enjoying the morning off the bow

Some of the data we are collecting

Data data data

CDT casting 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!

    I believe Dulce's question was meant to mean that you're using words related to the science you're doing. And yes, you are communicating very well!

    Keep up the good work!!!!

    ReplyDelete