Wednesday, May 8, 2013
9 major animal phyla
Phylum Porifera - The Sponges
Phylum Coelenterata – The Coelenterates: jellyfish, hydras, corals
Phylum Platyhelminthes – The Flatworms: planaria, tapeworms
Phylum Nematoda – The Roundworms
Phylum Annelida – The Segmented Worms: earthworm, leech, sandworm
Phylum Arthropoda – The Arthropods: insects, spiders, crustaceans
Phylum Mollusca – The Mollusks: clams, snails, oysters, octopus
Phylum Echinodermata – The Echinoderms: sea stars, sea urchins
Phylum Chordata – The Chordates: fish, reptiles, amphibians, birds, mammals
2. What Types of habitat can the species be found?
- Mainly Marine (Salt Water)
3. How Does The Species Digest food?
- Water passes through this animal and Floating food particles are caught once inside the Sponge.
4. Have You seen An Example of a species in a phyla? explain where and why was the situation
- yes snorkeling in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico