1. Thermal Inertia: San Francisco & Norfolk, Virginia are on same latitude. Why would Norfolk, compared to SF, have warmer summers & cooler winter?
- air in SF moved over sea & air in Norfolk moved over land
2. Describe different ways temps are "moderated" on earth. Without moderate temp, Earth could not support life as we know it.
- liquid water
- distance from ocean
- higher humidities = moderate temp
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Alyson Santoro - Microbes in nitrogen
2. What technique did the researcher use that is especially good at recovering delicate sediments?
3. What happens to the samples after it is loaded onto the ship?
Rushed to Cold van- measure oxygen concentration at different depth, in the core three take samples of Carbon Hydrogen
4. Whats the name of the research vessel?